Sunday, November 25, 2007

Gems of PSM part 3

An unforgettable lecture on "Mental Health":

  1. If you pass in theory, you will automatically pass in practicals. (That is why i'm blogging instead of studying for pracs)
  2. Previously, General Practitioner was Godfather.
  3. Nobody is care to the old people. (It is but natural to worry about one's future)
  4. Other is... very important thing is... things which is necessary for everybody. (Wow, I never knew that!)
  5. Silchin (or something like that) is one of the comedy serials which my child sees (He is hinting that he can perform better than TV actors)
  6. Overall development of child is very important rather than he will be bookworm and all.
  7. How his delivery will occur.. stress, strain.. I have got 12 weeks (A desperate attempt to show that he understands the feelings of women)
  8. When you see individual case, you will not remember for life (the exact opposite of what all other departments teach)
  9. In front of the they you have to do. (Aah, voyeurism!)
  10. IQ above 75-90 is also subnormal (he is hinting that his IQ lies between 75 & 90 and everyone in the audience is subnormal)
  11. In new Park, extra mental health is given (I couldn't find it)
  12. This is long run which is happening in Bombay. (Regarding some spastics society training system)
  13. International Switzerland project was done in the community...
  14. This is the very much there in the rampant.
  15. If you hypnotise, you give him, he improves the better.
  16. Mother is after money, father is after money...
  17. Have you visited psychiatry ward? Kaisa hai? Mere time mein lock hota tha! (He conveniently forgets to mention that he used to be inside the ward when it was locked)
  18. Devi aa gaya, devi aa gaya! Isko namaskar karo, devi aa gaya! (This is said with the deepest of feelings, right from the bottom of the heart, with acting to match)

Disclaimer: The one taking the lecture is solely responsible for all mistakes, factual, grammatical or otherwise.

5 comments:

Sam said...

Amazing Ashwin.
I was laughing so much my mom sneaked up suspiciously to check what I was upto...!
Shit I can't believe I missed this lecture! Its so full of shit... sorry, i mean, s***.
I guess my namesake is as freaked out as me!
I come in the same bus as him on many days. He pushed me once so he cud get down before me. And admire the coincidence, it is HE, who has to take the lecture on Mental Health...heehee

Modular Form said...

once the pracs are over, u can return his push with interest — it will be a shove, not just a push!

Ananya said...

Hey fantastic Ashwin..it was long due... i am so soory I am not in u two's batch..How come he never distributed such pearls of wisdom in our batch?

Aniruddha Agarwal said...

he took mental health for us too.. in which he said:

1. So many play, they play, here play, then mental becomes (he was talking about so many factors playing a role)

2. ghar me paani aaya, mental problem becomes!

3. U must ask case pat-pat-pat-pat, he will tell you khat-khat-khat-khat (zombie language it seems)

4. If you laugh a lot, maybe you the mental

5. Nowadays mental-mental (abducting-adducting his hands repeatedly...) too much rampant

Probably he's our internal!!
All the best!

Anonymous said...

i seriously didn't know he was so popular amongst you guys.

sheeeeeeeeeesh

bye,
shraddha