Sunday, March 4, 2007

Two much for today

A Tale of Few Words

Few are my worries
Fewer my joys
The fewer my delights
The fewer my tries..

Few are my tries
Fewer my victories
The fewer my victories
The fewer my joys..

Few are my words
Fewer my lines
The fewer my poems
The fewer your sighs..


To Want or Not to Want


"Aspire to be the best"
Is easy enough to say,
Is like to think of the Everest
Then just to climb up a few stairs
And to feel your chest heaving,
And the glaciers of sweat.
Pouring into the Ganges
Of dreams ignored and left
Locked, to be unspoken about.
As we tried to bequeath
The dreams away,
To the passage of time.
When the dreams are forgotten
Or have been buried unsaid
As we still are trying
Climbing up an anthill;
Which refuses to budge.

And the dreams take a leap
From the Everest to the Channel.
May be a swim across
Would soothe and heal.
The mind needs rest
And the body can feel
That if swim it is,
Then swim we will.
But the rivulets of sweat,
Which are increasing now,
Are drowning you further,
Are pulling you back.
Forget the Channel-
Let's try the Dead Sea now.
You don't know how to swim,
And it won't let you drown.

As you float in ignorance,
You can feel all the salt.
It is covering your body,
It is engulfing your thoughts.
But it is too late to worry.
It is too hard to try.
May be you should have,
Tried learning to fly...

(phew! its a bit too long...)

No comments: