Friday, December 7, 2007

The road less travelled

It's a long road that I must tread
One that fills my heart with dread
For I know not the pitfalls ahead
Nor the dangers that lay spread.
The forks wherein I may astray
Or the paths where I must stay
I know not whom shall I meet
Whom to doubt,whom to greet.

It's a lonely road for me to walk
No one to share, no one to talk
But many to mock,many to scorn
This was my star when I was born.
True, how can anyone understand
The fine lines etched on my hand
When I myself have sought in vain
To decipher what my Fates ordain?

It's a difficult road for me to take
But it's a journey I have to make
My heart is weary,my body sore
But my mind wills try a bit more.
I know not why did I choose so
Now I have no choice but to go
Go on I will, till I perish or I gain
All I seek, to cherish all the pain.

2 comments:

Sam said...

One ray of sunshine, arent you?
But there is a silver lining my dear
Ramadoss has pulled back
So if this is about the internship extension, then you needn't fear so much.

Amazing poems btw.
I learnt 5 new words.

Ananya said...

Yep and I can guess what those 5 are butI will do the kindness of not showing off in this forum...And I wrote this poem when I was feeling low.
I originally thought of titling it "Melancholy" but then even morons wouldn't have glanced at it. Atleast this title sounds nice-Robert Frost-like.